No. and Date of the Decision for the Creation of the Establishment:
Coordination Authority of Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs was created under the Minister of Hajj's Resolution No. 266 /Qaf/ M of 25/9/1408 AH. It was re-activated under the Minister of Haji's Resolution No. 127 / Qaf/ M of 19/11/1414 AH. Its Executive Regulation was approved and adopted under the Minister of Hajj's Resolution No. 68166 dated of 26/5/1436 AH.
Entity and Incorporation
Coordination Authority of Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs is a Saudi authority, with an independent legal personality. It has its own organizational and administrative entity through which it exercises its business within the applicable regulations in the Kingdom. It is supervised by the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah within the framework of the provisions and terms of this Regulation, and it reports directly to the Minister.
The Authority includes the following entities in its membership:
• Agents' Unified Office.
• Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGO of Turkish and Muslims of Europe, America and Australia.
• Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGO of Iran.
• Unified Office for Providing Pilgrims with Water in Mecca.
• Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGO of South Asian countries.
• Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs of non-Arab African countries.
• Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs of Southeast Asian countries.
• Pilgrim Guides' NGO in Medina.
• Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGO of Arab Countries.
The headquarters of the Authority is in Mecca, and it may establish offices and branches within the Kingdom pursuit to a decision by the Minister.
Following are the tasks entrusted to the Authority:
1. Contribute to the development of the professions of Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs; consolidate the principles governing the exercise of the profession, and issue and document basic information about the members of the profession.
2. Adhere to the principle of collective service among Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs, as well as with companies, institutions, and other actors related to its work. This may be achieved through cooperation, coordination, and building communication bridges.
3. Act as a platform to document, archive, and exchange of information related to the activities of Hajj, pilgrims, and employees of Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs, and the issuance of information and awareness bulletins.
4. Contribute to the development of regulations and systems governing the activities and businesses of Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs.
5. Make recommendations on Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs' financial resource development and work to structuring the economics of the services provided by them, and contribute to the formulation of their works' overall strategy in the light of the requirements of regulations and instructions issued in this regard.
6. Develop the organizational thought of the Hajj activity and provide continuing educational programs for workers in the field of pilgrimage.
7. Develop media plans to serve Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs.
8. Endeavor to become one of the influencing civil-society institutions in terms of the specialties and business of Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs.
9. Work to establish a professional code of conduct.
The Authority seeks to achieve the following objectives:
1. Paying attention and taking care of the common interests of the Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs and coordinating among them in order to achieve their common objectives.
2. Developing the overall strategy for the professions of Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs, working to standardize rules, regulations, controls, and procedures that ensure the provision and development of necessary services and care to pilgrims in accordance with their statutes set forth in this Regulation.
3. Working on the development of Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs' potentials, and harnessing these potentials provide the best services to pilgrims and visitors to the Prophet's Mosque.
4. Representing the common interests of Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs before the ministry and relevant authorities.
5. Encouraging research, development, and innovation; and conduct specialized studies in the field of Hajj activities and serving pilgrims and visitors.
6. Archiving Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs' systems in Hajj Comprehensive Encyclopedia, and enriching research and scientific aspects in the field of pilgrimage.
7. Taking care of Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs' joint ventures.
In order to achieve its objectives, the Authority adopts all available means that are consistent with the prevailing rules and regulations. It may use the following means:
1. Proposing the establishment and management of projects and programs that help the Authority to develop its resources and achieve its goals, as well as proposing joint projects and programs among pilgrimage delegation institutes.
2. Preparing, conducting, and participating in pilgrimage-related training courses, workshops, seminars, forums, and exhibitions, both casually and regularly, for the development of Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs after the approval of the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah.
3. Analyzing, examining, evaluating, and making recommendations on reports received from Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs and authorities concerned with Hajj.
4. Studying all matters relating to coordination procedures between the Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs, and all that has to do with the implementation of the operational plan approved by the minister in terms of the Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs.
5. Proposing and preparing of regulations governing the works of Hajj, and other instructions and regulations related to the activities of Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs in the field of serving pilgrims, after the coordination with the Ministry.
6. Preparation of field research and studies necessary for developing the services provided by Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs through taking advantage of their qualified and experienced employees for the advancement of the level of services. It is entitled to seek the assistance of those specialized advisory and administrative offices which deem appropriate.
7. Preparation of standard forms of contracts that are concluded between Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs and pilgrims' affairs offices, or with third parties, whether they are natural or legal persons after the coordination with the Ministry.
8. Proposing the production and development of means that ensure the coordination of the works of the Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs and integration of their works to strengthen the factors of fair competition that will eventually results in enhancing the quality of the service(s) provided by each Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGO.
9. Establishing and developing resolution tools for all conflicts that may arise between the employees of each Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGO or between the institutions affiliated under the umbrella of the Authority after coordination with the Ministry.
10. Investing Authority's resources and assets in investment projects in order to ensure their growth and development; generate revenues; and achieve financial resources to cover the expenses and obligations of the Authority.
11. Establishing an information center to digitally document, archive, and database the information and data specific to Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs, such as their business and personnel, so that they are readily and easily accessible when needed.
12. Preparing a code of conduct for the profession in order to protect the general parameters of the profession.
Authority's organizational structure and Organs:
Authority's organizational structure consists of the following organs:
1. Board of Directors.
2. The General Secretariat.
3. Advisory Committee.
4. Conciliation and reconciliation Committee.
5. Information and Documentation Center.
Board of Directors:
1. The Board of Directors of the Authority is the widest administrative and financial powers in the Authority. It has all the powers and authorities in the conduct and functioning of the Authority as required by the regulations and instructions, and in accordance with the powers invested in it. It has the right to delegate any of its powers and authorities to any of its members or anyone else of its choice. Decisions made by such delegated persons are binding to the Secretariat General and to the Authority's organs, branches, and local offices, as well as to Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs.
2. The Board of Directors is constituted after every election cycle for the boards of directors of Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs. It consists of the Chairman of those boards of directors.
3. The Board shall elect among of its members a Chairman and a Vice-Chairman. Elections are run by secret ballot. Undersecretary of the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah for Hajj Affairs shall head the election session. Cards for the election of the board Chairman are prepared and delivered to the current Chairman for approval and distribution to the members to choose the new Chairman. Chairman of the session sorts out the cards publicly after being filled out by the members. The result of the voting is then declared at the same meeting in the presence of the majority of members. The candidate obtaining the highest number of the votes of members wins the election. If two candidates obtain equal number of votes, a second and final round of elections shall be held between them. If parity persists, the one with longer service in the profession wins the position. If parity persists, the older one wins the position. If parity persists, the one holding more shares wins the position. However, if parity persists, the decision is made in a manner of lots. The Chairman is entitled to nominate two of the board members for the post of vice-chairman by voting. Nomination shall be run in accordance with the same terms of appointing the Chairman. The Vice-Chairman assumes the functions and responsibilities of the chairman in the event of absence of the latter. Minister of Hajj may, if necessary, choose one of the members for the presidency of the Board.
Board of Directors' Duties:
The Board shall manage authority's business in order to achieve the objectives for which it was created, and within this Regulation, the foremost of which are the following functions:
1. Preparation and submission for Minister's approval the authority's strategic plan, policy, and objectives.
2. Studying and giving feedback on the topics raised by the Minister.
3. Overseeing the implementation and follow-up of decisions and all instructions received from the competent authorities.
4. Approval and adoption of plans and policies necessary for the development of authority's resources, and managing and monitoring its investment activities as required by the regulations and instructions.
5. Approval of the estimated budget for the new fiscal year and draft of the annual work plan.
6. Proposing and submitting for Minister's approval internal financial and administrative regulations to govern the functioning of the Authority and NGOs.
7. Forming committees and delegating them the powers and authorities necessary to accomplish the issues brought up to them.
8. Approving and submitting for Minister's approval the organizational structure of the Authority, and its organs, branches, and offices within the Kingdom.
9. Appointment of a chartered auditor to monitor and audit Authority's accounts.
10. Recommending the approval of the auditor's report regarding the authority's financial statements for the ended fiscal year, and getting it approved by the Ministry.
11. Evaluating the performance of the Secretariat, as well as its organs, branches, and offices within the Kingdom; and approving its annual reports.
12. Approving the periodic report prepared by the Secretariat, as well as providing the Ministry with a copy of it as required by the regulations and instructions.
13. Nominating and submitting for Minister's approval Authority's Secretary-General.
14. Approving the chief financial officer, legal adviser, and specialized committees.
15. Approving opening, merging, or closure of branches and offices if studies prove the eligibility and feasibility of such as decision in the achievement of the objectives of the Authority.
16. Approval of the annual financial statements regarding Authority's revenues and expenses.
17. Proposing buying and selling real estates and movables for the benefit of the Authority and which are consistent with Authority's objectives, as well as engaging in investments, starting-up companies, and approving the method of managing real estates and movables. The Board is entitled to dispose them by selling or vacating, and receiving/paying the money after obtaining the Ministry's approval.
18. Engaging in public and private tenders and auctions after obtaining the Ministry's approval.
19. Ensuring fulfillment of the authority's rights and obligations, as well as issuance of appropriate decisions and guidance in this regard.
20. Proposing amendment to the articles of the Regulation governing the Authority, and submission of that proposal to the Minister for approval.
Board's term and expiration of the membership:
1. The term of the board of directors extends for four years from the date of appointment by the minister. This term goes along with every election cycle for Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs' boards of directors. In the case of the expiration of the membership of any of the Boards' Members during the term of the Board, he shall be replaced by whoever is appointed by the minister as the head of the concerned NGO, in order to complete the term of the Board. If the Chairman or the Vice Chairman of that NGO declines the membership, new elections shall be run between the heads of the NGOs, and the winner candidate shall be appointed as Board Member for the remaining duration of the Board term.
2. Board membership expires for any of the following reasons:
- Death of the member.
- Resignation of the member from the Chairmanship of the Board of Directors or from the NGO.
- Loss of the position as the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the authority or the NGO.
Coordinating role of the Authority to the ministry, and its procedural controls:
1. The Authority shall represent the interests of Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs, at the ministry, set forth in paragraph (1) of Article Five of this Regulation. The Authority shall act as a coordinator between the ministry and these NGOs with regard to communicating instructions and controls.
2. In order to coordinate efforts between Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs and the ministry, these NGOs shall provide the Authority with a list of the topics it desires to discuss with the Ministry if those topics have an impact on the rest of the institutions. The Secretary-General shall request all these NGOs to furnish him with a detailed vision on each topic communicated to the ministry, whether it is concerned with a particular Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGO or all of them combined, in order to unify the negotiating position with the Ministry.
3. The Authority shall coordinate the issue of the nomination of field Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs to be honored, by the ministry and the agencies responsible for the pilgrimage, for their outstanding performance during the Hajj season. The Authority shall submit the nomination list to the ministry according to regulations adopted by the ministry and subject to its prior consent.
1. The Authority shall have a secretary-general to be nominated by the Board of Directors. It is preferably that priority be given to Pilgrimage Delegation-Operator NGOs' workers who have efficiency, competence, and expertise with the professions of these NGOs. His appointment shall be approved by the Minister.
2. The Secretary-General shall head the executive organ of the authority. He shall be responsible for facilitating the daily, administrative, and financial functioning. He shall report directly to the Chairman of the Board of Directors on the Secretariat's performance. This position shall be a full-time job for a term of four years, effective the date of forming the Authority's Board. This term is renewable for other terms.
For more information please visit